1. How will the extended service intervals affect the wear and tear on my car parts?
It doesn't. Your parts are subject to the same warranty and the service intervals have been adjusted according to the required part lifespans. As a result, there will be no added risk to component longevity.
2. What happens if a vehicle part needs to be replaced before my service date? Am I responsible for the payment of this?
No. Any parts that need to be replaced from routine wear and tear will still be covered under your maintenance plan.
3. Does the 12 month service interval take preference over mileage done on my vehicle?
13 000km or 12 months, whichever occurs first is applicable*.
*NB: Some arduous markets have a reduced schedule due to extreme conditions
4. How do I check if my car is affected by the change?
Please call your dealer to confirm, you'll need to quote your VIN number in order to verify if you are affected. Alternatively please contact Jaguar Land Rover MENA at firstname.lastname@example.org
5. I would like to continue to service my car every 6 months as per my original plan, can I, and what are the implications?
For those countries impacted by the change, from 2014 MY onwards there is no requirement for you to service at 6 month intervals unless the mileage dictates at 13,000kms intervals
6. Will the extended service intervals have an effect on my vehicle's resale price?
As a result the overall cost of ownership is reduced, therefore improving future resale.
7. If I miss a service what grace period do I have on the mileage or the month?
You have a grace period of 1 month before or after the required service date or 1,600 km before or after the mileage service requirement, again, whichever occurs first.
8. Which MENA Markets are covered by the change?
12 months / 13,000 kms whichever comes first applies to: Azerbaijan, Algeria, Bahrain, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Morocco, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Tunisia Yemen & UAE Diesel derivatives in Egypt are on 4 month / 6,000 km intervals
NB: Service once a year or every 13,000 km is only applicable to 2014 model year vehicles onwards.
All Jaguar Genuine Parts are manufactured to the same specification as originally fitted in your Jaguar. Which means when you buy one, you can be assured that you are buying the result of rigorous design, development, and testing.
WHAT & WHERE
To support our range of luxury saloons and sports cars, approximately 69,000 Genuine Parts are available from Jaguar dealers in over 100 countries worldwide.
Classic Jaguars are key to our heritage – and so is Jaguar Classic Parts, a dedicated department run in conjunction with the Jaguar Daimler Heritage Trust (JDHT). It exists specifically to provide replacement parts for older Jaguar vehicles around the world.